Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Employee of Last Month


POW! and we back a month late. Now i know what its like to miss a period. I forgot to do employee of the month last month, but i'm makin up for it now. Vic came to baohaus from our ad looking for people who were WEB Dubois meets Heavy D and the boys (thanks dice raw). Not since Kate did we get a cover letter like Vic's:


To My Future Employers:
  
  I am a City College student  studying film, who at this moment is slacking off from school "trying to find myself". I am a huge dork, but I have a mean right hook.  Not only do I wish that I could birth Questlove's babies (that man is GENIUS), I wish I had could have the Roots follow me around and just play live music for me all day. I'm Cuban and Jordanian, so all your food is the equivalent of a wet dream. I'm also a mean baker (Purple Rain Shortcakes, with chocolate sauce. Just think about it.) and I dug your take on Twinkies. I plan on hosting my own slacker cooking show. Even though I have mentioned the word 'slacker"  I am hard worker and  terribly reliable, and I'm always on time. Plus, I have experience in food service, so I can handle all the rowdy customers without catching a case. I split my time between Harlem and the Bronx, but i would definitely relocate, if I got this job.
 
Hope to hear from you soon!
 
-Victoria

BOSS! That is how you mother fucking write a cover letter. Victoria, you the employee of last month. Pour some Apple Sidra out fo yoself or we can go get bluies at Apollo.

2 comments: